10 way to Find the right balance in 2023
As parents, you are constantly seeking ways to provide your children with the best experiences possible. One of the challenges you face in this digital age is managing your toddler’s screen time. Balancing digital and real life is rudimentary to your child’s development.
The temptation to use screens as a quick fix for entertainment and distraction is real. Excessive screen time can have detrimental effects on your child’s development.
The good news is that there are many ways to balance technology with real-life experiences.
Here are some practical tips for managing screen time for better child development:
- Set a limit: Set a time limit for screen time and stick to it. Experts recommend no more than one hour per day for toddlers aged 2 to 5 years old.
- Model healthy behaviour: Lead by example and show your child that you prioritise real-life experiences over screens. Limit your own screen time and engage in outdoor activities or play with your child.
- Provide alternatives: Provide a range of toys and outdoor activities. Encourage exploration, creativity, and physical activity. Toyzoy outdoor toys are great for promoting outdoor playtime and physical exercise.
- Be mindful of content: Be selective about the content your child is exposed to on screens. Choose educational and age-appropriate programming, and avoid violent or overly stimulating content.
- Use screens purposefully: Use screens as a tool for learning or communication. Engage with your child during screen time and ask questions. Use this as an opportunity for bonding and connection.
- Encourage sensory play: Provide your child with opportunities for sensory play, such as playing with water, sand, or play dough. Sensory play helps with cognitive, social, and emotional development. It can be a fun and engaging alternative to screen time.
- Use screens as a reward: Instead of defaulting to screen time for entertainment. Use it as a reward for completing tasks or for good behaviour. This reinforces the value of real-life experiences and promotes positive behaviour.
- Engage in outdoor activities: Take your child outside for a nature walk, play catch, or engage in other outdoor activities. Exposing your child to the natural world can be a fun and engaging alternative to screens.
- Create a screen-free routine: Establish a screen-free routine for your child. Reading a book before bed or engaging in a creative activity after dinner can be fun. This helps to create healthy habits and reinforces the importance of non-screen time activities.
- Encourage social interaction: Provide opportunities for your child to engage with other children. Whether through playdates or organised activities. Social interaction helps with emotional and social development. It is a fun and engaging alternative to screens.
Toyzoy outdoor toys are a great way to encourage outdoor playtime and provide alternatives to screen time. Their range of products includes tricycles, garden swings, activity walkers and more. These toys promote physical activity and creativity. They are designed to be safe and durable for your child’s use.
In summary, managing screen time for your toddler is about balance and purpose.
- By setting limits,
- Modelling healthy behaviour,
- Providing alternatives,
- Being mindful of content,
- Using screens purposefully,
You can help your child develop and thrive. Toyzoy outdoor toys are an excellent addition to your child’s playtime routine. They can help promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
For more information on Toyzoy outdoor toys, visit our website at www.toyzoy.com. Let’s prioritise your child’s development and give them the best experiences possible.
Leave a comment